Carl D. Perkins Grant
Career and Technical Education
Rep. Carl D. Perkins initiated legislation in 1984 aimed at training people for vocational careers. The legislation has three objectives:
- Modernization and improvement of program
- Better access to quality programs for targeted population groups (people with disabilities, economically disadvantaged, people in nontraditional programs, etc)
- Adequate funding for educational institutions in economically depressed communities
This program provides a variety of services, such as:
- Assistance with purchasing equipment and resources
- Consulting with Career Pathways
- Assistance with CTE data keeping
- Career Cruising and Xello
- Assistance with conference registration fees and associated travel
- And much more!
Instructions for reimbursement through Perkins:
Perkins FY23 award letters have been distributed. Equipment (over $5000) must be purchased by December 31, 2022. Supplies, software, subscriptions, and computing devices that appear on the award letter must be purchased by February 28, 2023. Questions? Contact Pam Kraus email@example.com 785-825-9185
For equipment, software, and resources, submit copies of POs, receipts and any serial numbers. These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For professional development or conference reimbursement please send POs and receipts for registration and travel to email@example.com. Perkins funds may be used to reimburse registration fees, subs and travel expenses (lodging). Meals can not be reimbursed.
Other CTE information:
Perkins Consortium CTE Professional Development Opportunities
Click HERE for a list of CTE Professional Learning opportunities
For more information, contact:
Pam Kraus, CTE Coordinator and STEM Consultant