Carl D. Perkins Grant
Career and Technical Education
Rep. Carl D. Perkins initiated legislation in 1984 aimed at training people for vocational careers. The legislation has three objectives:
- Modernization and improvement of program
- Better access to quality programs for targeted population groups (people with disabilities, economically disadvantaged, people in nontraditional programs, etc)
- Adequate funding for educational institutions in economically depressed communities
This program provides a variety of services, such as:
- Assistance with purchasing equipment and resources
- Consulting with Career Pathways
- Assistance with CTE data keeping
- Career Cruising and Xello
- Assistance with conference registration fees and associated travel
- And much more!
Instructions for reimbursement through Perkins:
IMPORTANT UPDATE for Perkins FY21 Grant - All districts have been notified of their Perkins FY21 awards. If you have questions contact Pam Kraus email@example.com 785-825-9185
For equipment, software, and resources, submit copies of POs, receipts and any serial numbers. These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For professional development or conference reimbursement please send POs and receipts for registration and travel to email@example.com. Perkins funds may be used to reimburse registration fees, subs and travel expenses (lodging and mileage). Meals can not be reimbursed.
Other CTE information:
For more information, contact:
Pam Kraus, CTE Coordinator and STEM Consultant