Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World
“Getting Ahead in a Just-Getting’-By World” is for anyone who has spent any portion of their life struggling financially to get by in the world. For some, the idea of actually getting ahead might seem out of reach. But even in a life story filled with barriers, vanishing opportunities and setbacks, the power to change all that is within reach.
In a facilitated group setting, “Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World” takes participants step-by-step through a journey of personal discovery. Individuals will explore how they arrived where they are now in life, as well as steps to build a better future. The group format allows new, supportive relationships to develop.
- The realities of conditions in the community and how they affect each participant
- “Hidden rules” for getting ahead
- Skills to gain confidence and concrete actions to get ahead
- How to build resources and make connections at home and at work
- Ways to deal with change and create stability
For more information, contact Noalee McDonald-Augustine at email@example.com or 785-621-4414.